Things That Make You Go, Hmmmm....

I can think better when my feet can breathe!!

~Kyllian


Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Turning Point

Have you ever reached a point in your life when you look to the future and you don't like what you see? Then you look back and wonder where you took the wrong turn that lead you down this path? I discovered a while ago that I had somehow ended up on a path that I didn't really want to be on. Not that the path is bad. It just isn't leading me where I want to go. How did I get here?

There has been much introspection in the past few months to determine what I need to change to get back to a path that leads towards a future I know is possible. What I have come to realize is that I can't do and be everything, I can't expect any one else to do and be everything and I can't allow any one to expect me to do and be everything. To expect such things only sets everyone involved up for failure and disappointment. Life has far to many wonderful things to experience to be bogged down in disappointment. Disappointment, anger, guilt, frustration, they have their place. They are not inherently bad. They give us information. They tell us that something is not right; that there is something we need to change. They become a problem when we choose to hold onto them. Then they only divert our attention from the truly amazing things the universe has to offer.

So I have chosen to release the disappointment, the anger, the frustration and the guilt. I will open my eyes and allow myself to be fulfilled and happy. I will allow the universe to give me the things, experiences and people I need. I will happily accept them, be grateful every day for them and appreciate each day that I do not allow disappointment and anger to keep me from the happiness I deserve.

When I look towards the future I can now see many paths. Who knows which one I will take. Who knows where it will lead. What I do know is that I can now see the possibility of a future that will be truly magical.

No comments: