Things That Make You Go, Hmmmm....

I can think better when my feet can breathe!!

~Kyllian


Thursday, September 17, 2009

No such thing as a stupid question...

The person who came up with that saying was the person asking the stupid questions. The questions that are stupid are the ones people ask that have a logical answer if one were simply think about it.

Old Guy at the Park: "What school do you go to?" (asked after he got his a$$ kicked in chess by someone a quarter of his age!)

Very bright and well studied HS'd young man: "I am homeschooled. We all are." (motioning to the dozen school aged children playing chess in the middle of the typical school day.)

Old Guy: "What does that mean?" (This is not the stupid question I am referring to.)

HS'd young man: "It means we do school at home." (I was impressed that he said it without a hint of sarcasm in his voice!)

WAIT FOR IT..... Here comes the stupid question....

Old Guy: "Is that LEGAL?"

I know! Every homeschooler has been asked this question before. In certain circumstances I can see this PERHAPS not being an entirely stupid question. But as a general rule, when people are breaking the law they tend not to do it openly, obviously and proudly. Seriously, if we were breaking the law by homeschooling our children would we be gathering our school aged children at noon on a school day in a public park???

I promise people!! THINKING DOES NOT HURT!!!!!!

1 comment:

Lacifur said...

Really? But, the neurons FIRE, right? Sounds painful.